My baby Babycakes

My baby Babycakes
My baby Babycakes

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Round Two

This is pretty damn last minute, but its finally time for surgery.  Very soon headed over to the hospital for super early check-in then surgery scheduled for 7:30am  Had an exciting dinner out at the Pittsburgh Hofbrauhaus German restaurant last night.  They have a huge dining area and band with 2 accordians, a trumpet, tuba, and much more.  It was a great distraction from my worries.  Right now quite anxious but know will be under pre-op care soon, and will relax once people are taking care of me. 
My dad will be updating sometime tonight, and let everyone know how things went.  I will be in ICU the first few days, with an NG tube that will make it hard to talk.  After that I'll be ready for phone calls and e-mails.
Thanks so much to everyone for your support, prayers and good thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I love you dearly Lara Kettel!!!!

    PRAYER FOR LARA: "God of power and might, please be with Lara as she has her surgery. Let the surgery, medicine and treatment she receives bring her healing and relief. Guide the doctors, nurses, and all who care for Lara, and heal her in body, mind, and spirit. Calm any fear, soothe all her terrible pain, and hold Lara’s hand throughout the the surgery and recovery. Guide those doctors performing the surgery and nurses caring for her, that the surgery may be done quickly, efficiently, and and as painless as possible, to the glory of and in your Your holy name, Jesus Christ. Amen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete