My baby Babycakes

My baby Babycakes
My baby Babycakes

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Re: previous post

Just two days before I wrote my last post, with a link to a great article about suicide, another friend gave in to the terrible thoughts, sailed toward the sirens and ended her life.  I know her from a friend of her mother, have probably spent more time with her mom and my friend who is the girl's godmother, but I knew her for many years and we spent time together in Rehobeth Beach, Delaware.  She will be missed by many, most of all by her young son.
I didn't publish the previous post on facebook (at least I don't think I did) because I didn't want to bring much attention to it, but those who saw it anyway have told me it was helpful so I ask you to read it now and the article via link.  Suicide has become far to prevalent in teenagers and young adults and I hope this does not continue.  The extreme bullying has to have contributed to the rise, another issue that frightens me.  I was a prime target for bullies, mostly in junior high (that's why I am so happy the former East Junior High in Waynesboro is now an empty field).   I really believe that bullies create bullies-parents who encourage bullying and kids who were bullied and are lashing out.  Both the schools and parents need to work on this, and take it very seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment