My baby Babycakes

My baby Babycakes
My baby Babycakes

Thursday, October 14, 2010

UMPC, take one

This is going to be short and sweet, I'm in a rather foul mood.  Leaving Schwenksville at 5:45am was a bad enough start.  Everything that had to be done today took waaaay longer than expected, as usually happens here.  We got into Pittsburgh around 11am, the trip only took about 5 1/2 hrs.   PICC line placement was first and it turns out they ordered a mini PICC or something, don't remember its exact name, but basically a line in my upper arm, but doesn't run as long as a usual PICC.  Schedules clashed for CT scan and Pre-OP testing and signatures, both took way too long and we didn't leave UPMC until after 6pm.  I'm a cranky tired bitch after all that and lack of sleep so I said I wasn't going out to dinner and my parents are out eating now.  I have a hotel room to myself, which is nice, and I'm soon going to lay down and watch some TV until I pass out.  Wake up at 5 something in the morning, get a cab back to UPMC (hotel shuttle doesn't run that early) and start ERCP/EUS procedure at 6:30am. 
Hopefully some funny TV and time alone will calm things down, heading to the lobby now for a cup of tea.
I hope to be able to update after the procedure tomorrow.  I just keep in mind that even if I do have a flare-up from the procedure, I'll wake up under medical care, anything is better than dealing with flare-ups home alone.  I have faith it will all turn out OK.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sweetie....what a crappy day!! I'm thinking of you constantly and praying all goes well. I hope you get some sleep tonight. ♥U

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Gosh....no word from you....are you alright?????

    ReplyDelete